Easy and simple to make vegan vanilla pound cake recipe is here! Did you say you have been waiting for this? Here you go. This vanilla pond cake is so soft, moist and made extra delicious with vegan vanilla cream and berry compote.
- 2 cups (220g) plain flour
- 1 cup (140g) organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (120ml) soy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the vanilla cream
For the berry compote
- Preheat the oven to 180C (356F)
- Mix together the soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder with a whisker.
- Add the soy milk mixture, vegan butter and vanilla extract and mix gently with a large wooden spoon. Be careful not to mix too much.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf tin and bake for 45-50 mins.
- While the pound cake is in the oven, let’s make the coconut vanilla cream and berry compote! First the coconut cream. Take the coconut milk chilled over night from the fridge and scoop out the fat part on top carefully and put in a large bowl. Don’t pour the water underneath as it makes the cream too runny. Save the water for a smoothie for another day!
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Using your electric mixer, whip the cream on high speed until light and fluffy. About 7-10 mins. Set in the fridge to firm up.
- To make the berry compote, mix the frozen berries, corn starch and maple syrup in a small sauce pan and simmer on the low heat until it thickens a little. Set aside.
- Take the pound cake out of the oven and let it cool to room temperature, then take it out of the loaf tine then cool a little further on a cooling rack.
- To assemble, top the pound cake with the coconut vanilla cream, then berry compote on top.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert, Snack
Keywords: cake, cake frosting, easy, simple, vegan