Sweet and crunchy wholesome chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. These oatmeal cookies are delicious and flavourful with chocolate chips and roasted walnuts, perfect for breakfast or as a healthy snack alternative.
- 3/4 cup (100g) rice flour
- 1 cup (95g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (25g) oat flour
- 1/6 cup (20g) granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp (90g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) melted vegan butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup (130g) vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup (90g) roasted walnuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C(356°F)
- Mix together the ground flaxseed and water to make flax egg. Set aside until it becomes thick and jelly-like.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flours, rolled oats, sugars, baking powder and salt with a whisk until completely combined.
- Mix together the melted vegan butter, flax egg and maple syrup with a small whisk.
- Combine the dry mixture and wet mixture together and stir with a large wooden spoon until completely combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and roasted walnuts and stir until all combined nicely.
- Roll cookie balls with your hands and place them on a baking tray with parchment paper. Press down a little to flatten.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until golden.
You can use regular plain flour too.
REplace the walnuts with pecans if desired.
Flatten the cookies on a baking tray if you want to make e flat cookies.
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan, cookies, oatmeal cookies, healthy snack, plant-based